Monday 29 October 2018



Agnes Grey

By Anne Brontë

"I should like to be a governess." 

Resultado de imagen para agnes grey


Before reading the book, I did not know what a governess is. However, the author give a very good explanation of what is to be a governess. Moreover, through the Anne Bronte's eyes, I could experience being a governess while I was reading. This was the reading that I like the less because I did not like the ending of the story; I would have written a diferent ending, for it is cliché and predictable. The ending is as all chauvanistic endings in which a woman gets married and that is he "happily ever after."

The author also shows the education children received in higher classes. Parents were barly with the children, for they spent most of the time with their governess, and for parents, it was most important to attend to tea parties or social events than spending time with their children at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment