Monday 10 September 2018

Elizabeth Bentley, called in; and Examined
Author: Edited by Jonathan F. Scott snd Alexander Baltzly
          
            "How far had you to go for dinner?-We could not go home to dinner"

Before reading this, I was not aware of the fact that children had to work at such a young age in the Victorian era. I wondered if there were laws that permit children working so young. However, I will look for information to understand the laws in this era.

After I read this, I related the text to the situation that occurs nowadays in China where children work in sweatshops for long periods of time with a low salaries. Unfortunately, as Elizabeth, children started working in sweatshpos and continue working  there as they get old. They don't have a choice, so they accept all the poor conditons. I was shocked because in the interwiew, Elizabeth  said that she could not eat the appropiate amount of food, and she had to work for extensive periods of time. Hence, she only had time to work and work.

To finish, to survive Elizabeth had to work since she was a kid, and continue working there. For this reason, I felt grateful that I could enjoy my childhood playing and not worring about working, fot I needed food

Doffers:

Image result for dofferImage result for doffer



No comments:

Post a Comment